This is the ultimate breakfast lovers breakfast. It combines two staple breakfast foods (waffles and cereal) so if you can’t decide which to have on Sunday morning, do what we do and have both!
The greatest thing about Breakfast Cereal Waffles is that they’re ridiculously easy to make and there are an endless number of flavour combinations you can play with. Just switch up your cereal of choice for a new flavour waffle mix every day. So just to confirm: bowls of cereal are so last year and cereal waffles are the ultimate solution to “what shall I have for breakfast today?”
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Breakfast cereals of your choice (we used Lucky Charms, Choco Krispies and Granola)
- 3 eggs
- 450g plain flour
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 620ml whole milk
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
How You Make It:
- Preheat your waffle iron to just over medium heat (if you have different settings).
- Whisk your eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the cereals) and mix until just combined.
- Divide your mix into 3. Add your different cereals to each mix then ladle into your iron. Close and cook for 5-10 mins or until nice and crispy.
- Serve with a big dollop of icecream and some extra bits of your favourite cereal!