If you like your fried chicken burgers with insane levels of crunch and a delicious spicy sauce, this one is for you.
- Butterfly a chicken breast and bash out with a rolling pin to flatten. Place a piece of cheese on one half then fold over, then bash the edges with a rolling pin to seal them. Put in a bowl and cover in buttermilk and sriracha. Combine, then leave to marinade in the fridge overnight ideally, but for at least 4 hours.
- Heat a small saucepan on a low heat. Add the sugar, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, sriracha, gochujang, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a boil, whisking to combine. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the sliced carrot, red cabbage, white cabbage, spring onions, mayonnaise, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Combine the plain flour, potato starch, rice flour, baking powder, salt and white pepper in a bowl. Shake the chicken dry of the buttermilk then toss in the dry ingredients. Remove from the dredge and leave for 10 mins to hydrate.
- Fill a large pan a third of the way with vegetable oil and heat it to 170C/340F. Carefully pop in the chicken a few pieces at a time and fry for about 7 mins until they are crisp and golden and cooked through.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut your buns in half and top with a piece of chicken and a spoon of slaw. Serve!