- Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
What you need
- 1.5lb beef mince
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small block red cheddar
- 4 tortilla wraps
The burrito, meaning "little donkey" in Spanish, is a star of the Tex-Mex stable. Renowned across the world this corpulent, bean stuffed wrap seems beyond improvement. However, nothing is safe from the march of progress. Why not replace all the fillings with burger meat and cheese? Is there anything that can't be improved by stuffing it with beef and cheese, a Cheeseburger Burrito? We certainly don't think so.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Mix the beef mince with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cut the cheese into four sticks small enough to fit inside the tortillas.
- Flatten a quarter of the beef mince into a square patty. Roll the beef patty around a cheese stick and press it together to seal in the cheese.
- Lay down a tortilla and roll up the cheese stuffed burger, folding over the sides as you do so to seal it. Repeat with the remaining three burritos and wrap them all up in foil, then bake in the oven for around 20 - 30 minutes until the beef has cooked all the way through (measure the temperature with a thermometer).