Cheeseburger French Toast
- 1 burger patty, flattened slightly with a rolling pin so it fits a slice of bread
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- 2 slices of thick cut bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Fry the beef patty in hot oil until both sides are brown and it's cooked through.
- Lay two slices of bread on top of one slice of bread, then lay down the burger and put two more slices of cheese on top, then the final slice of bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and dip the sandwich completely in the mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter together then fry the sandwich gently on both sides until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with gherkins (if you wish), ketchup and mustard.