- 1 tbsp oil
- 600g beef mince
- 100g tomato ketchup
- 100g passata
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 loaf of bread
- 20 slices of American cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add beef mince and sear until brown and just cooked through.
- Add tomato ketchup, passata, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and white pepper. Sauté until sauce reduces, set aside.
- Take the loaf of bread and cut a series of parallel lines around 2 cm apart from one side of the loaf to the other. Rotate and cut lines the other way round to make little squares of bread.
- Stuff with slices of the cheese then the beef mince and more cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with burger sauce or mayonnaise.