1 hour 30 minutes
1lb beef mince
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
4 eggs whisked
3 cups flour
3 cups seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together beef mince, salt, pepper, and cooked bacon until combined. Take about 1/4 cups worth and form into a long patty.
- Place one mozzarella stick in the middle and shape the meat around to seal. Repeat with remaining burger mix and mozzarella sticks.
- Dip in the flour to coat, shake excess off. Dip in the beaten egg, shake excess off. Coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat.
- Freeze for 1 hour until just frozen.
- Heat oil to 170ºC. Fry until golden brown