This is the stuff of fantasy. A dark, twisted (see what we did there) fantasy admittedly, but nevertheless something so sublime it perhaps couldn't exist in real life. Until this day!
- Preheat the oven 180°C/360°F.
- Mix together the beef mince, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Take the mixture and roll into walnut sized balls then set aside.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 cm thick sections and arrange them in the bottom and around the edges of an ovenproof casserole.
- Place the burger balls on top and place the leftover potatoes in between the gaps.
- Mix the cornflour through the grated cheese, then heat the evaporated milk in a saucepan and stir until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes and burger balls and bake for 40 mins - 1 hr, until the potatoes are all cooked through.