Cheesy Butter Chicken Naan Cake
What you need
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups double cream
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50ml water
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 naan breads
- cheddar cheese, grated (enough)
- For the sauce, foam the butter over medium heat then add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Chuck in garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook until fragrant, a minute or so. Add spices, and stir through. Add tomato puree and water. Cook until butter separates. Add cream, honey and salt. Stir through chicken. Remove from heat.
- On a lined tray or large skillet, lay down your first naan. Top with 2 tsps of mango chutney and spread over the face of the naan. Top with a third of your curry, then a good fistful of cheddar. Repeat this process. Top your final naan with more cheddar.
- Bake, covered for a period if possible, for about 30 minutes at 180°C. You want the interior of the cake to read 50°C.