For all of you out there that are indifferent to the infamous 'continental option', look no further. Proper fry-ups are, generally speaking, greater than the sum of their parts. It's even been said that the poorer the constituent parts, the greater the fry-up. Well imagine if all of the parts were pretty good already, then someone decided to wrap them up in a massive sheet of hash brown. *drops cafetiere*. What a fantastic idea - here's how to make it:
- To your grated potatoes, add parmesan, garlic powder, butter, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, then spread onto a lined baking tray, ensuring it's nice and even. Bake at 200°C for 30 minutes, or until crisp at the edges and evenly browned on top.
- Cool slightly, then lay a clean sheet of greaseproof paper over the top along with a board you can flip easily.
- Flip then peel off the bottom paper. On top of this lay cheese and your two meats. Ensure it is even, then carefully roll the log.
- Cover loosely with foil then bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Slice and serve with your favourite breakfast condiments. Perhaps a little OJ and a hot cup of joe.