No bother fussing to make a béchamel or cooking lasagna noodles! Layered bolognese with creamy coated penne bakes up beautifully for an easy spin on a lasagna!
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add mince, breaking apart with a spoon and brown.
- Stir in tomato paste until coated. Cook for 2 minutes. Add red wine scraping the bottom of the pan to release the bits. Let reduce by half.
- Add the passata, salt, pepper and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until thickened.
- In a large bowl mix penne, ricotta cheese, half the mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper and cream.
- Layer bolognese into a dish, topped with pasta, more bolognese and finish with pasta later. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered in a 180ºF oven for 30 minutes. Grill for 5 minutes until golden brown.