Although a little different from the fettuccine in the original Roman alfredo dish this spiral of sliced white is equally delicious. What could be better than a log of crusty garlic bread containing a spiral of creamy, garlicky chicken and bacon?
- Mix the cream cheese, cream, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper, chicken and bacon bits together to make the filling. Set aside (but don't refrigerate).
- Lay the crustless slices of bread in a sheet on a large piece of baking paper. Make sure the sides are overlapping. Press together with a rolling pin (if you press hard enough they'll stick together).
- Place the mozzarella in a sheet on top and sprinkle with the alfredo mix.
- Bring up the edge of the sheet and roll into a spiral.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush with the garlic butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.