- Mix all of the gnocchi ingredients in a bag. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Tie a string across from the handles tightly.
- Cut a hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe dollops of gnocchi into the water using the string to cut each piece. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the pieces are floating. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a greased tray.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the oil and when hot, sear the chicken and seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan, add the onions and cook until translucent and soft. Stir in the garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Sprinkle the flour and cook through for 2 minutes until lightly nutty. Pour in the milk gradually until a smooth sauce forms. Season with dijon mustard and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer and then stir through the cheeses until melted. Add the broccoli, gnocchi and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and cheese is browning.