Amp up your fajita night with this twist on a classic. Delicious spicy chicken rice is stuffed with mozzarella and deep fried until crisp and golden with an oozy cheesy middle - oooooooooh.
- Sweat onions over a low-medium heat until soft, then add red peppers and cook for 2 mins. Add garlic and fajita mix, cook for 2 mins then throw in the rice. Toast for 2 mins, then turn down the heat to low.
- Add the stock to the rice a ladle at a time, stirring until it is all absorbed before adding the next one. Do this until you have run out of stock, about 20 mins.
- Once the rice is tender, add the shredded chicken, cheese and jalapenos. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Spread the risotto on a tray and put in the freezer to cool for half an hour.
- Get a chunk of risotto rice and flatten it into a disc in your hand. Put a ball of mozzarella in the middle and encase with the rice. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, then pop in the freezer until firm to touch.
- Dip each ball in the flour, the egg, and then the panko breadcrumbs. Place on a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Fill a large, sturdy pan a third of the way with vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 170 degrees, then gently place in the arancini, about 3 at a time.
- Fry for 2-3 mins until they are crisp and golden. Serve immediately with a sour cream dip.