We can't believe we haven't made this yet! This chicken fajita lasagna serves up all our favourite fajita flavours with a delicious creamy bechamel sauce all layered between fresh lasagna sheets and cheese. Perfection if you ask us!
- Heat oven to 180ºC. Add the sliced peppers, onions and chicken on a tray and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the spices and sugar. Sprinkle mixture and oil over the chicken and vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until chicken and pepper are cooked through.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute garlic until aromatic and then stir through passata. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes then add in the cooked fajita chicken and peppers.
- Remove from the heat.
- To make the bechamel sauce, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking continuously until smooth. Bring to a simmer then add half of each cheese, coriander and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until cheese has melted.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a 9x13” deep baking dish, spread a thin layer of chicken fajita mix with a small ladle of the bechamel. Top with fresh lasagna sheets followed by chicken mix, bechamel and cheese. Repeat for 3 layers and spread bechamel on the top layer with another layer of cheese. Cover with parchment paper and foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove the cover and grill for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- While the lasagna is baking, make the guacamole. Mash the avocados with a fork in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle with parsley, slice, top with guacamole (optional) and serve!