12 small flour tortillas
1 tbsp butter, melted
3 mixed peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
4 large tomatoes
3 large chicken breasts, shredded
1 pack Schwartz Mexican Seasoning
3 ripe avocados
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 lime, juiced
55g grated cheese
Chopped coriander, to serve
Our latest recipe, featuring the new Schwartz seasoning range, is the ultimate way to enjoy the richly spiced street food of central America. Spiked with fiery jalapeno, tangy lime and mellow garlic, these fajita bowls pack a serious punch and bring bags of flavour straight into your kitchen. Get ready to be bowled over.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Take a muffin tray and flip it upside down. Brush the tortillas with the butter on both sides. Place them in the gaps between the raised lids to form a concave bowl shape. Bake until crisp.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions and peppers until soft. Add the tomatoes and crush in the pan, cooking down to make a thick sauce.
- Add the chicken and season with half a sachet of the Schwartz Mexican Seasoning. Stir together. Spoon this mixture into the baked tortilla bowls, sprinkle with cheese and add to the oven for a further 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Make the guacamole by crushing the avocados and stirring in the red onion, lime juice and the rest of the Schwartz Mexican Seasoning. Spoon this on top of the chicken and cheese.
- Top with sour cream and coriander.