Chicken And Fries Pot Pies
What you need
No equipment needed
2 ready rolled puff pastry rolls
1/2 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large carrot, diced into small cubes
600ml chicken stock
3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
3/4 cup defrosted peas
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 cups french fries
- Pre-heat oven to 205C (400f). Grease a 12 muffin tin.
- Cut 12, 3 1/2-inch circles from the puff pastry. Fill each muffin tin with one round being sure to press against the edges so it comes to the rim. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook until just softened. Add garlic and stir to cook. Add carrots and cook for about 4 -5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and stir to coat vegetables well. Cook for 5 minutes to cook the flour.
- While stirring, pour in stock in a steady stream to create a smooth sauce. Add cream and stir in. Fold in chicken, peas, salt, pepper, and thyme until coated.
- Put 2 tbsp of mix into each pastry-lined muffin tin.
- Chop French fries into bite-sized pieces and top each muffin tin with a layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbly, puff pastry has risen and chips are golden.