2 ready rolled puff pastry rolls
1/2 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large carrot, diced into small cubes
600ml chicken stock
3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
3/4 cup defrosted peas
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 cups french fries
- Pre-heat oven to 205C (400f). Grease a 12 muffin tin.
- Cut 12, 3 1/2-inch circles from the puff pastry. Fill each muffin tin with one round being sure to press against the edges so it comes to the rim. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook until just softened. Add garlic and stir to cook. Add carrots and cook for about 4 -5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and stir to coat vegetables well. Cook for 5 minutes to cook the flour.
- While stirring, pour in stock in a steady stream to create a smooth sauce. Add cream and stir in. Fold in chicken, peas, salt, pepper, and thyme until coated.
- Put 2 tbsp of mix into each pastry-lined muffin tin.
- Chop French fries into bite-sized pieces and top each muffin tin with a layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbly, puff pastry has risen and chips are golden.
(Any leftover pastry, filling, and chips can be made into one large pie if wanted)