Chicken Parm Mac and Cheese is a match made in food heaven. Who doesn't love crispy chicken and cheesy pasta? Get ready for the ultimate indulgent dish!
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice in half to butterfly. Repeat with remaining chicken to make 4 fillets total. Place it between two pieces of cling film and use a rolling pin to gently pound the chicken until it is ¼-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in one dish. Place eggs and season with salt and pepper in another. Followed by the breadcrumbs and parmesan and pepper in a third dish.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, followed by the egg and then the breadcrumbs and cheese to coat. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pan sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously until smooth. Season with the mustard powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Add the cooked macaroni and cheeses to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese into a baking dish. Top with the fried chicken and spoon over tomato sauce on to the chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with basil