- 500g spaghetti, cooked
- 1 egg
- 50g parmesan
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small nuggets
- 150g flour
- 2 eggs
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 100g parmesan
- 250g mozzarella, chopped
- Vegetable oil, to fry
- 2 tbsp basil, roughly torn
Can't decide between pizza and pasta? Get the best of both worlds with the pasta pizza pie.
- Heat the oven to 180C/375F and grease a muffin tin with some oil.
- Mix the spaghetti, egg and parmesan in the bowl. Lay the spaghetti in a lightly oiled springform cake tin. Bake in the oven for 20 mins until golden and crispy.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until soft. Throw in the garlic and cook out for 1 min. Pour in the passata and the oregano, then cook on a medium heat until the sauce is nice and thick. Stir through the basil, salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Place the flour on a plate, the beaten egg in a bowl and the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan on another plate. Dip the chicken in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in turn.
- Fill a large sturdy saucepan a third of the way with the oil, then heat to 170C/325F. Carefully pop the chicken in the oil and fry for 2 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Spread the sauce on the base of the spaghetti base. Pop the chicken parmesan nuggets on top, then sprinkle with the mozzarella. Place under the grill until the mozzarella is melted and bubbly, about 3 mins. Sprinkle with basil, serve and enjoy!