Your takeaway favourite just got a makeover. This British-Indian classic is made lighter with yogurt, and served over a plate of fries to share with all the gang.
- Combine your yogurt with your garlic, ginger, chilli powder, cumin, lime juice and salt in a bowl. Stir to combine, then add your chicken. Cover with cling film, then leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Melt your butter in a large pan. Add your cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and cook over a medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Tip your onion into the pan and lower the heat. Cook for about 20 mins until totally soft and caramelised. Add your ginger and garlic and cook out for a couple of mins until starting to turn golden.
- Pour your passata into the pan along with your chilli powder and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 mins until reduced and jammy.
- Add your garam masala, cumin, coriander and honey to the pan and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add your yogurt and chicken into the pan and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Stir your yogurt, garlic and lime juice together in a bowl with some salt.
- Pour your sauce over your chips and drizzle with your garlic sauce. Serve!