Chicken Carbonara Fries
- Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 8
What you need
- 200g pancetta, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 700g double cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 large packet fries, cooked
- Parsley, fine
Ah, the carbonara - up there with pizza in terms of Italy's most bastardised dishes. From a humble yet delicious Roman pasta it has, according to many angry Italians, been desecrated and mauled to become something unrecognisable, a cream drenched, eggless chimera. However, nothing would be achieved without innovation and here at Twisted it's our humble opinion that fries are a sublime addition, as are chicken and double cream (sorry Italy!).
- In a large, deep sided saucepan fry the pancetta cubes in a little oil until they are golden, a few minutes. Add the garlic and fry until fragrant then pour over the cream. Add a touch of salt and pepper.
- Grate parmesan into the sauce and stir to incorporate, then add the chicken chunks.
- Stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Pour over the chips and sprinkle with more grated parmesan and the chopped parsley.
- Eat (with friends).