What You’ll Need:
- 5 chicken breasts, very thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 500g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 300g plain flour
- 400g chilli con carne
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- Red chilli and spring onion, to serve
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
How You Make It:
- Mix the cayenne, garlic powder, paprika and salt into the flour.
- Dredge your chicken pieces in the flour and toss to coat, shaking off the excess before dropping it into your whisked egg. Drain these as best you can then toss in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy- about 3 minutes. Drain and layer in a baking dish. Top with your chilli con carne and then your cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF.
- Top with red chilli and spring onion.
- Get stuck in.