What You’ll Need:
- 250g/1 cup unsalted butter
- 100g/ 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 800g bread dough
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
How You Make It:
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a pan and stir until the sugar has entirely dissolved.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and stir to combine. Add the cocoa and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls and roll out into sausages. Using a rolling pin roll these flat and spoon some of the chocolate mixture down the middle. Pinch up the sides with your fingers and roll again.
- Lay three sausages of chocolate stuffed dough and weave the other three between them, making an X shape with each arm consisting of the ends of three dough sausages. Plait each of these together and curl them underneath the ball to make your loaf.
- Brush the whole loaf with melted butter and then sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake for 20 minute, or until the whole thing looks golden and lovely. Cool a little and eat when still warm.