Chocolate covered strawberries are a classic indulgent treat for Valentines. We've turned this classic into a mousse cake with the same flavours we love. This Chocolate covered strawberry mousse cake is perfect for valentines, galentines or even a date night!
- Mix together crushed cookies and butter until it becomes t wet sand-like texture. Press into the base of a lined springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree strawberries an push through a fine sieve into a pot. Add sugar and gelatine and cook both are dissolved. Remove and let cool completely.
- Whip cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks are formed. Add 1 1/2 cups strawberry puree and fold through.
- Pour over the crust and smooth the top. Chill overnight to set
- Heat cream and corn syrup until steaming. Pour over chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Stir to combine and be sure all chocolate is melted. Let cool to body temp.
- Remove cake from the tin and pour chocolate ganache in the centre and let it drip off the sides.
- Let chill for 30 minutes to set
- Remove from the fridge, pipe whipping cream and top each with a chocolate covered strawberry.
- Slice and enjoy!