2 cups double cream
1 cup milk
7-8 chocolate croissants
3/4 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
4 egg yolks
3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 160ºC ( 325ºF).
- Cut each chocolate croissant into thirds. Layer them evenly on a baking tray as tight as possible. You may need more pieces depending on the size of your chocolate croissants. Set aside.
- In a large glass measuring jug, heat cream and milk together in the microwave until hot, but not scalding. Add chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Gradually pour in hot chocolate cream mixture to make a custard, whisking continuously until smooth and combined.
- Pour over croissant pieces until completely covered. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until custard is just set. Let