Chocolate Hazelnut Star
What you need
No equipment needed
- 1 cup good-quality dark chocolate, in pieces
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsps nice cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks, plus 1 egg white for brushing
- 1/8 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- In a food processor, whizz up your nuts, sugar, cocoa and chocolate until you have coarse-ish crumbs. Remove the lid and add your butter and egg yolks. Whizz until it starts to come together. Set your mix aside.
- Unravel your pastry sheet and dust another baking sheet with flour. Lay down your pastry and cut the largest possible circle you can. Make 3 incisions in the centre of the pastry. They should meet in the middle to form a star shape.
- Throw down your nut chocolate mix in a ring half way between the incisions and the end of the pastry. Bring together in a kind of sausage.
- Brush the central triangles with egg white. Bring together the end of the pastry to meet the brushed centre. Repeat until you have 6 sections.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375ºF. Leave to cool slightly.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and fresh raspberries.