- 2 x 2 inch slices of a large sandwich loaf
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g marshmallows
- 40g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 30g butter
Warm your cockles with these tasty hot chocolate French toasts. The perfect dessert for these cold winter nights!
- Get your bread and make an incision in the side of each slice all the way down. Stuff each with half of the chocolate and half of the marshmallows. Place in a deep tray.
- Combine the cocoa and sugar in a bowl. Whisk in the eggs, milk and vanilla essence. Pour the mixture over the bread in the tray and leave to soak for 10 mins.
- Whisk the double cream and icing sugar together in a bowl until it is thick enough to hold it's own shape.
- Heat half of the butter in a frying pan until foaming. Add the bread and fry on a medium heat until crispy and delicious. Flip over and do the same on the other side. Repeat for the other piece of bread
- Slice the French toast in half diagonally, put a dollop of cream on top and drizzle with caramel sauce. Eat whilst still warm and delicious.