Chocolate Orange Donuts
What you need
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g soft butter
- 100g self raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- zest 1 orange
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 200g melted orange flavoured chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease a 6 hole donut ring tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together. Now add the flour, baking powder, orange zest and juice, cocoa powder and eggs. Stir with a wooden spoon or electric whisk until well combined.
- Pile the cake mix into a piping bag and pipe into the donut rings. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When the cakes spring back to to the touch, they are ready to cool. While they are cooling, melt the chocolate.
- When both the chocolate and the cakes are cool, you are ready to assemble your donuts.
- Dip the donut cakes in the melted chocolate, then sprinkle with orange zest.