Chocolate Peanut Pie
- In a food processor, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar and salt.
- Add butter and pulse until you have a fine breadcrumb like texture.
- Add eggs and pulse until the dough becomes a ball rolling around on top of the blades of the food processor. If it's too dry, add some water. It should be a pastry consistency but quite sticky!
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for at least a few hours.
- When ready to make the pie, preheat the oven to 160°C. roll out the dough and gently place in a well greased skillet (or large pie dish!). Trim the sides with a knife.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bursts in the microwave.
- Stir in the sugar and corn syrup - stir thoroughly until the sugar has dissolved completely. Add eggs and peanuts and continue stirring until you have a glossy mix.
- Pour into the chocolate dough. Bake for an hour and a half.