Another take on stuffed french toast. These are easy to take on the go with you and can be filled with a number different treats. The two pieces of French toast adhere through cooking and become a fun stuffed muffin!
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and grease a 12 whole cupcake tin, set aside.
- Using a 4” round cookie cutter, cut out the centre of each piece of white bread, keeping the crusts for breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp sugar until smooth. Dip a round of bread in the egg and then press into the centre of a cupcake cavity. Repeat with remaining rounds.
- Fill each with a heaping tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread. Cover with another egg dipped round and gently press the edges to adhere and press into the sides of the tin.
- Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle generously over top of each and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden brown.