- In a saucepan melt water, butter, salt, sugar and cinnamon together. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in the flour and then stir briskly with a wooden spoon - the mixture will come together and become quite sticky and hard to manage, but persevere. Keep cooking for roughly a minute and remove from the heat, then set aside for 5 minutes so it's cool enough to add eggs.
- When a bit cooler beat in the eggs one at a time until the mixture resembles a smooth, quite stiff paste.
- Spread this on a greased waffle iron and cook until the edges are brown and crisp then remove and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl mix sugar and cinnamon then dip in each waffle and turn over to coat with sugar on both sides.
- Serve with a chocolate dipping sauce.