Humanity is united by the seemingly universal appreciation of patterns - across time and space, from the snowflake to the pyramids, has mathematics caused us wonder. Step into the limelight Cinnamon Roll Star, a sort of re designed cinnamon roll. Flaky pastry, silky icing, a pleasing shape - it's got everything.
- Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Cut the two sheets of puff pastry into matching circles around the size of a large plate.
- Lay one on a sheet of baking paper and brush with butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and place the other pastry circle on top.
- Use a bowl to make a small circle in the centre of the pastry. Use a pastry cutter to cut a slightly smaller circle out of the middle - when it's all cooked, this is where you'll rest the bowl containing the cream cheese dip.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut lines away from the edge to the centre of the first circle - you need it to not go all the way through so the whole thing stays together.
- Curl up the individual strips of pastry.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for around 30 - 40 minutes until evenly risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cream cheese & icing sugar then the vanilla essence and milk. Pour into a small bowl.
- Allow the star to cool then place the bowl in the centre. Rip off individual pastry cinnamon strips and dip away.