6 to 8 people
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- Egg wash
Get mesmerized with this swirly cinnamon pie, filled to the brim with cinnamon sugar coated apples. A fun spin on your traditional apple pie and just as easy to make, if not easier! Serve warm with your favorite creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Roll out one pie crust. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Roll tightly into a log. Cut into 1/4” rounds. Repeat with second pie crust.
- Place half of the rounds in a greased pie dish and press to adhere and attach to form a crust right to the edges of the pie dish. Brush with egg wash and set aside.
- Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon, and flour until coated. Place apples into prepared crust.
- Place remaining cinnamon swirl rounds in a circle in-between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to 1/4” thick and place on top of the apples. Press edges to seal and cut any excess pie crust. Brush the top evenly with egg wash and cut a small X in the center of the pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes until apples are cooked through and crust is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!