What you need
No equipment needed
- 1 cup/120g soft butter
- 1/2 cup/75g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup/75g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup/240g flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pack (150g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until the mixture is light.
- Add vanilla essence and egg then stir in the flour, bicarb and chocolate. At this point the dough should be firm and quite sticky,
- Set aside and chill in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa powder and milk until really smooth and shiny.
- Using a doughnut baking tray pinch the dough into circles and bake at 180°C/360°F for around 20 minutes.
- When cool, dip in the icing and leave to set.