Copycat Nandos Burger
What you need
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3 red chillies
- 1 red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 4tbsp malt vinegar
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 2tsp onion powder
- 1tsp caster sugar
- black pepper
- For the wedges: 3tbsp oil, 4 Maris Piper potatoes (or similar), 1tbsp paprika, salt and pepper, 1/2tbsp onion powder
- For the pink sauce: 3tbsp of the marinade, 100g mayonnaise
- Extras: 4 ciabatta rolls, little gem lettuce, tomato slices
- Combine the red chillies, the pepper, the garlic cloves, vegetable oil, vinegar, smoked paprika, oregano, onion powder, caster sugar, salt and pepper. Place in a blender and mix until smooth. Reserve 3tbsp for the pink sauce.
- Take the marinade and place in a bag with the chicken. Leave for 2 hours (minimum).
- To make the wedges, slice the potatoes into chips and toss in oil and the seasoning. Spread out on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes at 190c.
- To make the 'pink sauce' combine mayonnaise and reserved marinade. Set aside.
- While the wedges are cooking, take your chicken and griddle/ pan fry on a high heat until cooked through(about 2 minutes each side).
- Toast your ciabattas.
- To assemble your burgers, stack a ciabatta with a chicken thigh, dollop of pink sauce, slice of tomato and some lettuce alongside the spiced wedges.