Creamy Nacho Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 kg potatoes
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp cajun spice
- 500ml double cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 mixed peppers, sliced
- 1 onion
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g passata
- 200g Red Cheddar
- Chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped jalapeños
- Spring onions
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Mix sliced potatoes with melted butter, salt, cajun seasoning and cream until combined.
- Pour into a large deep sheet tray and spread into a flat layer. Bake for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil. Add peppers and onions, stir then cover and cook until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Add beef mince to hot pan. Cook until brown and then add 2 tbsp cajun spice, tomato puree and passata, stir to combine. Add peppers back in and cook until thick.
- Top potato dish with an even layer of chilli mixture and then top with grated cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, jalapeños, spring onions and salsa.