This recipe is a fabulous one made mostly out of store cupboard ingredients, and using up that pesky tub of cream cheese you've had sitting in the fridge for the while. If you don't have any cream cheese and still want the creamy indulgence, feel free to sub it out for sour cream, creme fraiche, mascarpone or any other cream-based product you have kicking around. Equally, feel free to sub the almonds in for any nuts you have to hand!
- Add your olive oil to a pan and heat over a low heat. Add your garlic and breadcrumbs and toast until golden and fragrant, a couple of mins. Add your parsley and stir to combine. Tip out the pan and set aside.
- Toast your almonds in a pan on a dry medium-high heat until golden, a couple of mins.
- Tip into a food processor and add your peppers, garlic, tomato puree, parsley, vinegar, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and pulse until combined in a paste. Run the machine and gradually add your olive oil until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add your red pepper sauce to a saute pan and heat over a gentle flame. Add your cream cheese and bring to a gentle simmer. Add your cooked gnocchi to the pan and stir to coat.
- Serve with breadcrumbs to sprinkle!