Creamy Steak Fajita Lasagna is the fusion bake you never knew you needed in your life. So we're telling you: this is the hearty fusion bake you need in your life. Build layers of steak fajita, queso, and lasagna noodles, bake, and enjoy!
- In a hot frying pan, add your steaks with a little salt and fry for 3 mins on a high heat until they are starting to caramelise. Remove from the pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat your oil on a medium heat and add your onions. Cook for 5 mins until soft, then add your peppers and saute for a further 5 mins until all starting to caramelise.
- Add your garlic, paprika, cumin, onion powder, coriander and cayenne pepper and cook out for 2 mins. Add your steak back into the pan along with your passata and salt and simmer for 10 mins. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, melt your butter and add your jalapeños. Cook for a couple of mins until fragrant before adding your flour and smoked paprika. Cook out for 2 mins before gradually adding your milk in small increments, stirring all the time to ensure you get a smooth sauce. Once all the milk is added, bring to a boil then reduce the temperature and simmer for 2 mins. Add your salt, cheddar and mozzarella and stir until the cheese is all melted.
- In a rectangular heatproof dish, layer your lasagna sheets, steak mix, cheese sauce and extra mozzarella, with your final layer being your cheese sauce topped with mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 mins until bubbly and your pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve!