6 people people
1 hour 30 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 sausages, meat removed from skins
- 1 jar of passata
- 100ml white wine
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50ml double cream
- 100g parmesan
- 300g conchiglie pasta shells, cooked
- 75g grated mozzarella
- 75g cheddar
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
Get involved with this winter warmer - saucy sausage and melty cheese and crunchy breadcrumbs will sort you right out on these cold November nights. Or any time of year in fact!
- Switch the oven on to 200 degrees celcius.
- Sweat the onions in oil on a low heat, then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 mins until soft and fragrant.
- Turn up the heat a little and add the sausage meat. Break it up with the side of your spoon, and cook for 5 mins until nicely browned on the outside.
- Add the passata, wine and stock followed by the chilli flakes and sugar. Simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, parmesan, basil, 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and stir until totally coated in the sauce.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and rosemary in a bowl. Pour the pasta into a baking tray and sprinkle the top with grated mozzarella, cheddar and rosemary breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 mins until the breadcrumbs are lovely and golden. Serve immediately.