Craving Italian? These hearty Creamy Tuscan Sausage Stuffed Shells are filled with Italian sausage and baked in a yummy cream sauce. Don't be surprised if your friends start calling you "nonni"
- Heat your olive oil on a medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add your onion and cook for about 5 mins until soft.. Add your red peppers and fry for another 5 mins, until all soft and starting to caramelise. Throw in your garlic and cook out for another minute.
- Add your sausage meat to the pan and turn up the heat. Fry for 5 mins until cooked and golden, breaking it up with your wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Throw in your spinach and cook for 2 mins until wilted and all the moisture has evaporated. Add your Italian herb mix, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat your olive oil in a wide saucepan. Add your garlic and chilli flakes and fry for 1 min until fragrant and aromatic. Pop your cherry tomatoes in the pan and simmer for 5 mins, breaking up with your spoon as it cooks down. Pour in your passata and add your sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 mins until thick and flavoursome.
- Add your double cream and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce has a thick, velvety texture. Add your parmesan, salt and pepper and and stir to combine.
- Heat your oven to 200°C.
- Using a teaspoon, fill your pasta shells with your sausage mix.
- Pour your sauce into a rectangular baking dish. Place your shells in the sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 20 mins, then grill for 5.
- Serve and enjoy!!