All the best parts of fajitas in a truly classy refined bundle of sophistication, these are really going to impress your dinner guests. Did we already say classy?
- Fry the peppers and onions with a little salt and pepper then set aside to cool when soft.
- Mix the spices together and set aside.
- Between two pieces of clingfilm, bash the chicken breasts until they are around 1/2 cm thick all over. Sprinkle both sides with the fajita seasoning and spread some of the cooled peppers and onions over them.
- Starting from the narrow end of the chicken breasts, roll them up into a neat bundle. Roll them up tightly in clingfilm to keep their shape and set them in the freezer for around an hour, until firm but not frozen through.
- With all the ingredients in large bowls, dip the (unwrapped) chicken spirals in the flour, then egg mix, then breadcrumbs, shaking off excess as you go.
- In a large skillet shallow fry the chicken spirals in oil at around 160°C, turning them frequently so they don't scorch. When an internal temperature measures 71°C they are ready to eat. Set on a wire tray somewhere warm.
- Make the cheese sauce - toss the cheese with the cornflour then heat it gently in the evaporated milk in a saucepan until melted and bubbling - you should have a smooth cheese sauce.
- Serve the chicken spirals sliced, with chips, covered in delicious cheesy sauce.