Mushroom burgers delicious, especially when they're stuffed with a delicious gooey cheese filling!
- Lay paper towel on a plate. Place two portobello mushroom caps with stems removed. Cover with 3 more pieces of paper towel and another plate. Microwave for 4 minutes. Carefully remove plate and paper towel. Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Make a filling mix with cheeses, bacon (optional), garlic, chives, pepper and mayonnaise. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mix. Place two together and wrap in plastic wrap to seal. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Bread mushrooms in flour, then egg wash then panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve in-between burger buns with desired toppings.