Making crepes looks harder than it actually is. THere’s enough batter for you to practice until you perfect them. They pair well with ham and cheese and especially béchamel. Serve these parcels with a side salad.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, butter flour and salt until smooth. Pour through a strainer if needed.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat slightly greased with butter. Pour about 1 ladle full (1/4 cup) of batter into the centre and swirl to coat the pan evenly. Cook for 1 minute until just golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds, set aside to cool.
- Lay out one crepe. Spread about 1-2 tbsp béchamel in the centre. Layer with sliced ham and sliced cheese finishing with a slice of ham. Fold crepe into a parcel. Lay seam side down into a parchment lined baking dish.
- Top with additional béchamel and grated Swiss cheese.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes at 180ºC. Remove cover and grill for 5 minutes until just golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.