What You’ll Need:
- 10 shop-bought all-butter croissants
- a little butter for greasing
- 1 1/2 cups bechamel sauce
- 2 cups grated emmental cheese
- 10 slices wafer thin cooked ham, plus a little more for layering
- nutmeg, a scrape
- dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp per croissant
How You Make It:
- Slice your croissants in half and scrape with mustard. Top with a slice of ham then some emmental cheese. Squash them with your hands. Lay 5 in the bottom of a skillet buttered with your butter. Top with a little bechamel, a bit of torn ham and a fistful of emmental. Cover with another layer of croissants then top with the remaining sauce and cheese. Grate over some nutmeg and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes, or until coloured, bubbly and melted.
- Serve with an egg for the Madame experience.