What You’ll Need:
- 2 ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 200g Bechemal Sauce (or make your own, see method)
- 1 x 250g packet sliced emmental
- 1 x 200g packet sliced ham
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
How You Make It:
- If making your bechemal, heat a saucepan and add 50g butter. Stir in 50g plain flour and cook for around 5 mins, then add 400ml of milk for 10/15 minutes until the flour is cooked through and the sauce is quite thick.
- Preheat oven to 180°c/350°F.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay your pastry over the sheet.
- Spread the bechemal over the surface then lay emmental, ham, mustard and another of layer of emmental.
- Add the top sheet and press around the sides to stick the sheets together
- Brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until golden brown on top).