Devilled eggs just got a whole lot sexier - now wrapped in sausage and deep fried to crispy perfection. Up the ante of your party food and get cooking these guys.
- Cook 6 of the eggs in boiling water for 9 mins, then plunge into ice cold water and leave in there to chill before carefully peeling off the shells. Set to one side.
- Combine the pork mince, bacon, breadcrumbs, parsley, mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape the sausage meat into 6 balls, then flatten into patties.
- Roll an egg in flour, then place in the centre of one of the sausage meat patties, working the meat around the egg until it is fully encased. Roll in flour, then egg and then the panko breadcrumbs, then place on a tray lined with baking parchment. Repeat with the rest of the eggs and patties.
- Fill a large, sturdy pan a 1/3rd of the way with vegetable oil, then heat it to 150 degrees and lower the eggs 3 at a time. Cook for 4 mins, then carefully lift on to kitchen paper to drain and cool for a few mins.
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks with a spoon. Pop them in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, vinegar and Tabasco. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe into the centre of the egg whites where the yolks once were, then sprinkle with chives and a little cayenne pepper. Serve at room temperature.