Is there a better make of crisps than Doritos? I admit they’re not the classiest of brands, but good lord a live their produce tastes good. We started thinking about what we could do with these cheesy delights and suddenly it came to us: use them to create a delicious batter. These Doritos onion rings are super yummy and so easy to make. Enjoy.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large packet of Chilli Heatwave Doritos
- 1 large white onion
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Sunflower oil, for deep frying
How You Make It:
- Crush your doritos well and pop them in a small bowl. Put the flour and eggs in another 2 bowls.
- Peel the onion, place on its side and cut thick rings- about 4 slices. Separate the rings from one another, then dip in flour, then egg, then doritos. Repeat once. Pop on a tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry the rings for about 3 minutes in oil heated to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Sprinkle over more crushed doritos and serve with ranch dip. Insane.