Elmlea Charlotte Royale
What you need
4 large eggs, separated
115g granulated sugar
75g plain flour
30g granulated sugar
125g strawberry jam
500ml Elmlea Double Cream
125g icing sugar
450g cream cheese softened
As every loyal subject knows, something special is happening this summer. This means getting ready for hosting duties and whipping up something tasty as friends and family gather round the telly. No self-respecting wedding party is complete without a slice of something naughty, so what better way to get in the celebratory spirit than with this Elmlea Cheesecake Charlotte Royal from Elmlea? Serve up the classic British flavours of sponge, strawberries and cream with a twist that guests won’t forget.
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350f). Grease and Line a 10”x15” cake sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the egg yolks, vanilla and icing sugar in a large bowl and whip until the yolks have doubled in volume.
3. In a separate bowl, whip on medium speed until foamy, gradually pour in the granulated sugar, and increase speed to high, whipping until the whites hold a medium peak.
4. Sift flour into the yolk mixture and fold in using a whisk, then fold in whipped egg. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, until just springy when touched. Let the cake cool for about 2 minutes. Spread jam over the cake evenly.Roll the cake up from the 10-inch side using the parchment paper to help. Let cool completely.
7. Meanwhile, make the cheesecake. Whip the Elmlea double cream to stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream to combine.
8. Line a glass bowl with cling film. Slice jelly roll into ½” slices and line the bowl completely. Pressing them slightly together. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the bowl and spread evenly. Cover with any remaining swirls. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
9. Invert onto a serving plate and peel away cling film. Slice and enjoy!