Erupting Potato Volcanoes
What you need
- 1 packet baby potatoes, particularly small ones discarded
- Smoked, streaky bacon
- veg oil, for baking
- BBQ sauce, for glazing
- red leicester (or red cheddar), cut into short, fat matchsticks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking parchment.
- Parboil your potatoes in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Slice of the bottom end of the potatoes so they can stand up. Cut a little hole in the top of each potato. Wrap each potato with a rasher of bacon. Pin with a toothpick and brush with oil before baking for 30 minutes.
- Bring out, unpick toothpick, glaze with bbq sauce then pop back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Bring out, poke a stick of cheese in the top of each 'volcano' then bake until they are melted and erupting.