What you need
- 6 peppers (red, yellow, orange — you decide!), sliced
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 5 large chicken breasts, whole
- 2 packs fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Tomato salsa, a few dollops
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large, flour tortillas
- Sour cream, for “icing”
- Coriander and chilli, for decoration (optional)
- Pop your onions, mixed peppers and chicken breasts down on a large baking tray. Toss in the oil, salt and fajita seasoning. Shove in the oven for 30 minutes at 375ºF. Bring out and leave to cool slightly.
- Slice your chicken breasts thinly and set aside.
- Line a 24cm springform cake tin with baking parchment and warm your tortillas briefly. Pop one in the base then add some peppers/onions, then chicken, then black beans, salsa and cheese. Pop another tortilla on top and repeat the process until everything is used up.
- Fold the edges of the final tortilla in on itself to create a neat lid.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400ºF.
- Uncover, bring out and leave to cool slightly.
- 'Ice' the top with sour cream and decorate with chilli and coriander (if using).
- Marvel at your creation, then destroy.