- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 kg raw king prawns
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cups double cream
- 2 cups parmesan
- 4 servings worth linguine, cooked to packet instruction
Creamy pasta, sweet prawns - such things as dreams are made of. Throw in a few fajita spices and you've got a luxurious midweek pasta to serve your happy family, friends or co works.
- In a heavy bottomed, deep sided frying pan heat the butter until foaming and sautee the prawns, turning frequently, until pink. Remove from the heat and wipe the pan.
- Add the oil and butter and fry the peppers and onions until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the spices and stir thoroughly before pouring over the cream. Give everything another stir and allow the cream to reduce for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally - make sure the cream doesn't boil.
- Stir in the parmesan and add the prawns back in, then stir in the pasta and stir.